Saturday, August 7, 2010

'The Last Time' By S.X.W.


When I was drinking I became consumed by the alcohol and what it could do for me. It was my way of dealing with the horrors of war. I drank to illiminate feeling. It almost cost me my life and sanity. I truly hope "that" last time was my last time.

I can barely remember the last time I laughed so hard it hurt. Don't get me wrong, I still have laughter in my life. I just wish "that" last time I laughed so hard, wasn't my last time.

The last time I saw my blood brother, Uncle Sam, he was dieing. It was an overcast day except for the few moments the clouds parted and the sun shined thru long enough to show him the way, as he passed to a new adventure.

Can you remember the last time you hugged a loved one tightly and wished you could just hold them forever. I do.

The last time I failed to be true to myself. I died a little on the inside.

The last time I faced Death. I lived. SXW

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful post, my dear friend. Thanks for sharing that part of yourself. I can certainly identify. Hugs to you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly profound. Life lessons - some are much harder than others.

    Wishing you many more times of laughing so hard, it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post... and I am sure that was not the last time you laughed so hard... and even if it were... the memory is still with you... thank you so for sharing ....

    ReplyDelete