Friday, December 10, 2010

Favorite Modern Poet; Vol Lindsey


Introduction:by Vol Lindsey

Sam has always been able to live life the way he wanted to; as far from the cares of everyday life as he could get. Figures God feeds the sparrows pretty regular, so he never worried much. Just worked occasional odd jobs to pay expenses and keep the Fat Boy runnin'.
Thinks of himself as a modern Tom Bombadil. He likes people, but thinks modern life robs their souls. Sam thinks it's important to take care of his soul...........


I know I've not been to attentive the last few months. I'm wrapped up in all sorts of activities in the fall, my favorite time of year. Hope to get back on track now that winter has settled in.
In a few days it will have been a year since I started this blog. I mentioned in the beginning that it was a way for me to catalog a peice of my life and character, so that my kids and their kids would have a better understanding of who I am.
Above is a poem by my favorite modern day poet. Vol writes about a biker named "Sam", in his poems. I posted one of his poems previously, it was titled "Flashback". I know I'm guessing here, but I would venture to say that "Sam" mirrors much of Vol's personality. X.

No comments:

Post a Comment