Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Meaning of "Bogaman"


I have always been interested in archery and bowhunting. A few years back I became interested in making my own bows and arrows. At first, I thought I wanted to make laminated bows. But the more I read up on the subject, the more I became interested in making primitive bows. Solid wood bows like the indians made and bows like the europeans made about 1000 years ago. That is how I came by the handle "Bogaman". Bogaman is the old world celtic word for Bowman.
This is my 1st bow. It is an english style long bow, made from Osage Orange wood.

This is a repeat of my first blog post about one year ago. Xavier

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. My parents' neighbor makes his own arrows. Don't know if he's ever tried actually making a bow, though. BTW, this makes me want to pull out my Martin's recurve and pick up archery again.

    ReplyDelete