Friday, March 18, 2011

Computer Glitches

It is part of our world now. Hard to operate without. Mine has been in the shop for a spell. The reason for my abscense.

We rely so heavily on technology these days. Makes me wonder how we would react to a lose of our cell phones all of a sudden. If some unforseen event would cause all cell phone towers to go down, we would be in deep doo doo. If your like me, I did away with my land line phone years ago. Just imagine millions of people without a way to communicate. Panic would insue for sure. Looks to me like the way for any terrorist group to strike terror to the heart of america.

It took me longer than most to jump into the techno pool. But I have and it concerns me at times, that I have lost part of that connection to Mother Earth and my natural side.

Just think most of us lean to heavily on the cyber world. X.

4 comments:

  1. First, let me say "Welcome back". Next, I would like to comment on your header. That little baby is just too cute. And lastly, I, like you, jumped on the world of technology quite late in life. I've only been computerized for about 5 years and only got a cell phone about 6 months ago. But I don't know what I would do without them now.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting: I'm actually reading a book about our (as a race) dependence on technology and our disconnect with nature. It's called Last Child in the Woods by Louv. (He points most of the disconnect happening to people of my age, and everytime he does, I think, "but that's not ME! I was a wild child who spent up to 12 hours a day out among the trees and creatures and earth!") Anyway.. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's all ages Sydnii. And as more countries become able, thier people join the cyber band wagon. I'm usually an optimist, but this turn in human nature bothers me. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Great. ThinJobZ.com The Super Swift Micro Job Site with less commission ThinJobZ.com: The Super Swift Micro Job site that offers JobZ of price range 5$ to 100$. We list Real Genuine Micro Jobs posted by users around the globe thus helping you earn 5$,10$,15$,20$,30$,50$,70$,100$ and much more. Get rich quick by doing microjobs and discover the swift way to live your life Easily. http://thinjobz.com Follow us on twitter. http://www.twitter.com/ThinJobZ
    Fine us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/ThinJobZcom/147057262019355?v=info

    ReplyDelete