Monday, August 15, 2011

Sturgis 2011












Gi Gi and I just returned from Sturgis. We went with a couple we know. I rode my trike and Gi Gi rode with them in a 5th wheel toy hauler.
The weather was great, 80's in the day time and 50's at night. Didn't need to run the air conditioner. Also none of that miserable Missouri humidity.
One of my favorite things to do is look at the custom bikes which are entered in the competitions. I'm old school, so that is the kind I like the best. It seems like the bikes get wilder and crazier each year. My favorite this year was the one above with "Betty" on it.
We took several road trips. One to Devils Tower. Take it every time I go because I like the scenery so much. Also went south to Rushmore and back thru Deadwood. Rained and sleeted on that trip. I don't think I have been to Deadwood when it didn't at least rain.
I converted my Ultra Classic Harley to a trike. Some of us ol guys need more stability :(
That's me and Samie headed home at the top. X.

P.S. I will be adding more photos in the following days

No comments:

Post a Comment