Friday, February 24, 2012

Luck Of The Draw



I sit here,
Deep in thought.
How much more luck could I have?
Blessed with so many things
My talents
And the people around me
Some people
Walk miles for water
I walk to the kitchen
Others just don't have a home
I have 2
Some have only 1 parent
I have 3
How much more could I have?
Already gifted with so many things
The ability to write
Yet, the right to write as I please
I really shouldn't complain
I should look at my life
And be happy
I mean
How lucky could I be?

Anonymous


Sometimes I need to be more reflective about the positive aspects of my life. This poem helps to clarify that thought. Xavier

3 comments:

  1. That was a great poem. Thanks for sharing it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the poem. Sometimes we get caught up in all the little trouble of our lives and forget that a) others have it much, much worse and b) it's not so bad.

    (BTW, I can't tell you how touched I am that you offered to make Cam a bow and arrow set. I'm sure he would love it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you doing? I've been wondering about you. I hope you're feeling ok. Gregg started chemotherapy last thursday..and has had a terrible time with intense vomiting and dry heaving..and dehydration which results from that. They finally admitted him to the hospital today where he's getting anti nausea meds, fluids, and pain meds via IV. He feels much better...we just can't manage the side effects at home. Anyway, I hope you're feeling well. We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete