Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Country Dogs are Different


City dogs wear knitted
turtlenecks and scented
shampoo to ward off ticks.
Country dogs wear ticks the
size of pocket watches.

City dogs answer to
"Mitten" and "Buffy"
Country dogs answer to
"Butch" and "Thorn".

City dogs fetch cute little
rubber squeaky toys.
Country dogs fetch cow bones
and the neighbors chickens
... dead or alive.

City dogs sip from mono-
grammed plastic bowls.
Country dogs drink from
mud holes and swim in green
farm ponds.

City dogs chase the vacuum
cleaner cord as it wiggles
from room to room.
Country dogs chase anything
that moves, including
tornadoes.

By Tony Attoun

I think I'm more of a country dog myself! X.

1 comment:

  1. always check out my new followers... and glad I did this time... lots to read and catch up on it looks like but it all looks interesting... looking forward to it....

    ReplyDelete