Sunday, February 21, 2010

Avatar


We have been having a minor blizzard here this evening. It's about to wind itself down. Kept us close to home tonight.

So, Gi Gi and I went out to the local theatre tonight to watch Avatar. I'm sure most have seen it by now. We're out in the sticks so we're a little behind. Beforehand I just knew it was a sci-fi picture. Discovered it is a very good movie. Great specail effects. Didn't realize it was going to be a love story. But that's what makes it work. Sort of sucks you in and has you rooting for the aliens. They are much like our ancient people who were more in touch with nature and thier surroundings. Oh, and it has bows and arrows, another plus.

If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. I don't buy many movies, but this one I will. X.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it, been waiting for it to hit DVD. Movie ticket prices are outrageous, and being unemployed with 2 kids... meh. Still, consider this the deciding review of many that has convinced me to give it a chance when it DOES come out on DVD. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it, either. Like Ryan, I wait until it comes out on DVD. Here it costs $25 for two "just" to get into the movies...and who can go without getting the popcorn and soda?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are fortunate here. An elderly lady donated money to build a theatre for the arts council. They put on plays 3-4 times a year. The rest of the time they show movies friday, saturday and sunday. People from the arts council volunteer and run the concession and video equiptment. Prices are very reasonable. It cost about 11.50 total with sodas and popcorn and movie for two of us. X

    ReplyDelete