Thursday, February 25, 2010

Global warming, my ass!


Usually, when it is my turn to take Greta out to do her business, she likes to dilly- dally. She has to sniff the air for who knows what, or search for Mr. Cat or Missy Rabbitt so she can give them a run for thier life. This morning there was no dallying or dillying. Greta just did her business and headed for the back door.

We have an accumulated foot of snow on the ground right now. The top inch of that is as hard as concrete. I can walk on it without breaking thru. Makes me wonder how the wildlife is doing. It can't be easy for them.

As I looked at the outside thermometer when i walked by it said -5 degrees. When the average low for this area is about 20 degrees it causes me to wonder. They can't even predict the weather right a week ahead of time. How can they say we are having global warming? I don't think global warming has made it to Northern Missouri quite yet. I'm from Missouri, you have to Show-Me. So until you can Show-Me tomatoe plants growing in those tomatoe cages above during this time of year, we aint havin no global warming.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are very cold. This is a heck of a winter, but I predicted it. We had a very rainy summer so I predicted all that rain would be snow when the weather became cold.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, I thought we had it bad with the 20 degrees. This has been one hard, long winter. So hoping that Spring can't get here soon enough for me. Try to stay warm, I know that can't be easy.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete