Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Winter Hobbie






About a year ago I started making fishing lures. At first it was just to help pass the time during the winter, and has become one of my hobbies. I enjoy it. I bought a wire bender and a number of molds to make the different spinner baits and jigs. I do the whole 9 yards, make the lures from scratch. Have to buy hooks, wire, powder paint, skirt material etc.

Have thought about making a small business of it, but that might take away some of the enjoyment I get out of doing it. Even made up a logo and packaged a few up. X.

3 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from when you say that making it into a business might take away some of the enjoyment....but then again, it may not. I used to make weaved beaded Indian necklasses (when my eyes were good) and when I began selling them, it took none of the joy of creativity away. I say give it a shot. You will never know until you try. You've got some real talent there, mister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary. No one says you have to sell in bulk to Walmart. Just offer a few on Etsy, or at a local artisan market, or whatever you are comfortable with.

    They really are nice! My dad tried to teach me to tie flies once. That went over about as well as Grandma's knitting lessons. Not so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice spinners. makes me wish for spring even more and a nice day out fishing.

    ReplyDelete