Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Squash, anyone?


While in the shop yesterday snapping photos of some of my lures I also took this photo. It's whats left of my squash harvest from last summer. There is at least 40-50piled up here on my desk. We must have had 140-150 all together. We have eaten squash till we are almost tired of them, if that's possible. I really like the butternut variety. Have given them away to family and friends to the point that they are leary of us. I've got some new varieties to plant this year, always looking for something different.

If only it was possible to e-mail these rascals, I think could probably thin that pile down some ;^)> X.

5 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Baked with brown sugar . . . Now I am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful, but, alas, I have never been a squash eater. Actually, to be honest, I have never tried it. I am one of those picky eaters who aren't daring enough to try something/
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness but I do wish you lived closer... I wuld definitely take you up on that one.

    Last summer I found some that looked like balls. The man called them 8 balls They were wonderful sliced, seasoned and cooked on the grill... I tried to find some seeds this spring but can't seem to... The are wonderful, you get a chance you should try them....

    I think I could eat a squash just about anyway you can cook it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Feel free to email me some if you figure out a way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL if you could e-mail squash I'd surely take you up on it! Butternut is my favorite! Baked or in ravioli or in soup or in salad, I'm all about it! I also love me some summer squash and zucchini. Man, you are making me long for warmer months! ;-)

    ReplyDelete